Court of Appeal of Sri Lanka
Superior Court Complex, Colombo 12, Sri Lanka 01200
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT AND CONSTITUTION OF THE COURT OF APPEAL, FOR DEFINING THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT, FOR THE ABOLITION OF APPEALS TO HER MAJESTY IN COUNCIL, AND FOR ALL MATTERS CONNECTED THEREWITH OR INCIDENTAL THERETO.
1. Short title and date of operation.
2. Establishment of Court of Appeal.
3. Constitution of the Appellate Court.
4. Appointment of Judges of the Appellate Court.
5. Salaries of the Judges of the Appellate Court.
6. Acting appointments to Appellate Court.
7. Oath or affirmation of office by Judges of the Appellate Court.
8. Jurisdiction of the Appellate Court.
9. Reference to the Appellate Court.
10. Enforcement of decisions of the Appellate Court.
11. Staff of the Appellate Court.
12. Seal of the Appellate Court.
13. Rules of Court.
14. Repeal of the Appeals (Privy Council) Ordinance (Chapter 100).
15. Amendment of the Criminal Procedure Code (Chapter 20).
16. Amendment of the Courts Ordinance (Chapter 6).
17. Amendment of the Court of Criminal Appeal Ordinance (Chapter 7).
18. Abolition of the right of appeal to Her Majesty in Council.
19. Appeals or petitions pending before the Privy Council.
20. Saving of the jurisdiction of Her Majesty in Council.
21. The provisions of this Act to be regarded as amendments to the Ceylon (Constitution and Independence) Orders in Council, 1946 and 1947.
Registrar of The Court of Appeal
Article 147 of the Constitution - The Registry is in charge of the Registrar who is subject to the supervision, direction and control of the President of the Court of Appeal.
Registrar - Mr. Sanath Kumara Pinnaduwa
Telephone – (94) 11 243 3466
Deputy Registrar - Ms. Asanga Hettiwatte
Telephone – (94) 11 232 8060